Friday, May 26, 2017

This I believe

                                               “The power in forgiving”
                                                   By : Claudia Franco

          I believe in the power of forgiveness. Sometimes forgiving someone can be really hard. To me it’s the hardest thing out of all. But forgiveness can be one of the most important one’s. Sometime’s forgiveness in the only option you might have left. I have learned to forgive over the years on something that a happened to me and my family in the past years.

           It was a dark night and my family were all in the garage. After a while my mom, dad, sister, and me went to sleep. But, my uncles didn’t. When they did they left the front door open and forgot to close it. After a while I hear someone opening the door and I wondered who it was but I was too scared so I didn't want to go check. I decided to try to fall asleep but then I hear footsteps coming towards my room and it was a drunk guy that we didn’t even know that had gotten into the house. The guy kept making me a sign to go  towards him but I was scared to go because I didn't know him. I tried waking up my dad but he wouldn't. Until like 30 min after. I told him that a stranger had gotten in the house and as soon as I told him my mom screamed from her room. The guy tried doing something to her. My dad and my uncles ran and holded him until the police showed up. This guy had dramatized me because know I can’t sleep or go anywhere without making sure my family is safe.the following days it affected me because I love my mom a lot and every time I would leave her alone I would be terrified that something bad would to her and I wouldn't be there to help her. I also have this dream once in awhile and it's scary to think back to the time my family and I were in danger from that drunk guy. My mom was the one that remembered more about it. Thanks to god that I didn't listen to the stranger and left with him because who knows where i'll be in this moment. At first I was angry to see this guy but after a while and realized that it's better to just forgive and move on. Why carry that anger in you. It’s better to just move on and live life.

The lesson that I have learned was to not hide the anger you have towards someone because you will just keep it in you your whole life , why not just forgive . This had changed me because I have learned to forgive the right way and have learned that forgiving is the right choice to do. I will used this as a lesson to be able to forgive people that maybe have hurt me or hurt me at that moment. I thank that guy because if it wasn’t for him I would've not learn the power of forgiveness.

You should forgive , but never forget because your past makes you who you are know.

No comments:

Post a Comment