Friday, May 26, 2017

Final Refection

9 questions that really make you think !



1- What are the three most important things you learned this year?


During my 8th grade year I learned many things. But some were more important than others. One the most important things that I learned here in my ELA class was how to write a blog the right way. The second thing was the right way to understand a book while reading it and that way to do it is by annotating while you read. This strategy will help me a lot in the future and also in high school when maybe i'm confused during reading a book and need some help I can just use this strategy. The last most important thing I learned in this class was


2- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?


Something that we did this year and I will remember it my whole life will be when we did the “ This I believe” speech because maybe others people's story might not seem interesting to other people but to me their were all great and each of those speeches left a message to me. I really like doing this becuase it gets me the time to get to know each other more and learn more about each other.

3- What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?


The nicest things someone has done to me in this class was when one of my friends helped me with my blog because i wasn’t sure on what to write about and she have me great ideas and ended up getting a good grade.

4- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?

Something that I have taught my teacher or classmates was to believe in the power of forgiveness. My “ This I believe” speech was actually about forgiveness and I really put my mind into it to make people realize that forgiveness is the right choice to do.

5- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?


I think that where I made my biggest improvement were in my blogs and the way I write know compared to how I started at the beginning of the year. It may not be a lot , but I feel like I did. Something that i have accomplished this year and that i'm proud was to never give and be like “ i'm just not gonna do it, i'm not smart enough” because I try to never doubt myself and I don't.

6- What was the most challenging part of this year for you?

One of the most challenging part of this year was doing my butterfly project. I think that this was one of the hardest things because I was having trouble in understanding what my poem was about. But thanks to the teachers and classmates I got it and got a good grade on it.


7- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?

In my opinion the best piece of writing that I did was my “ This I believe” speech. I think it was my best because I really put my mind into it and tried to make it the best I could.

8- Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?

Out of all the books that I read this year the best one that I like and grabbed my attention was “ After Ever After”. The reason why I like this book so much was because of the way it was told. I just like story’s this because their funny, interesting, inspiring, etc. But what I liked the most during reading this book was our literature circle because we got to discuss about what happened during the book and help each other out. This was the best part in my opinion because I like working in groups it gets a me more focused onto the topic that we are discussing.

9- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?

The advice that I will give the soon to be 8th grade students for this class will be to just do your homework no matter how hard it gets, ask for help if that’s the issue but don’t stay with the thought of how to do it. Also to never give up because everything you learned and. Everything you hear will help you at some point in your future.



No comments:

Post a Comment