Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Night blog

        The book named “Night” by: Elie Wiesel was about this young jewish named Elie Wiesel that was taken from his home and was sent to the concentration camp. His faith is strong at the beginning but he has trouble on maintain it during being in the concentration camp. He experiences many unforgettable things that he had trouble with understanding.

         During reading the book “ Night “ By: Elie Wiesel I noticed a lot of changes in Elie. One of the changes was how he was losing his faith slowly during the book. I know this is true because at the beginning of the book it says   “ I pray to the God within me that he will give me the strength to ask him the right questions” ( 30). This quote is showing us how at the beginning of the book he had a lot of faith. Although towards the end of the book it says “ What are you, my god, I thought angrily,” compared to this afflicted. Crowd, proclaiming to you their faith, their anger, their revolt? What does your greatness mean, lord of the universe, in the face of all this weakness, this decomposition, amend his decay? Why do you still trouble their sick minds, their crippled bodies?” ( 63). This quote is showing us how much he is not able to maintain his faith after everything that has happened to him during being in the concentration camp. It is also showing us how much he questions his faith and that he has doubts about it.

          Another change about Elie was that he treated his father differently at the end than in the beginning. I know this is true because in the book it says “ My father was cultured, rather unsentimental man. There was never any display of emotion, even at home. He was more concerned with others than with his own fault” ( 2 ). The quote in page 2 is showing us the way that Elie talks about his father and his thoughts towards him. Elie thinks that his father doesn’t really care about him when he does. Then after all it says “ Don’t be afraid, son sleep - you can sleep I’ll look after you myself” ( 85 ) This line that the dad says is showing us that he truly cared about his on and they look after each other during being in the concentration camp. Another quote is where it says “ My father presence was was the only thing that stopped me … I had no right to let myself die. What would he do without me? I was his only support” ( 82 ). Elie is showing us that he is thankful for his dad because he knows that if it wasn't for his dad he probably would have not made it through on his own. He might have support from other people there, but it's better when it comes from your father. This how's us the process that he went through to be able to be thankful for the father that he had.   


No comments:

Post a Comment